The Council is the governing authority of the University as established by the University of Canberra Act 1989 (ACT). The Council has the entire management of the University and is to act in all matters concerning the University in the way it considers will best promote the interests of the University.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.2020 meeting schedule has been finalised.
The Council is responsible for:
- Strategic direction, budget and business plan (2018-2022 Distinctive by Design Strategic Plan);
- Oversight and review of Executive and University performance;
- Management and control of finances;
- University legislation and policies;
- Overseeing and monitoring academic activities;
- Overseeing and monitoring risk management, systems of control and accountability;
- Overseeing management and control of property and business affairs; and
- Management of Council's own affairs.
Committees of the Council
The Council is supported by the following committees: